THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
Board Meeting Minutes
Held at Covenant United Methodist Church
December 19, 2013
Attending: R.Herman, M.Wienk, M.Morich, G.Mott, C.Garman, J.Noronha, B.Elwell, N.Jaschik, D.Rice, M.Howden, E.Johnson, W.Spilly, G.L'Esperance and P.Meeker ;
Guests - Bill McCoy of Metro Justice and Jim Berger
1. Opening Reflection- By R.Herman.
2. Minutes- Motion by B. Elwell; seconded by G. L'Esperance to approve the November 21, 2013 Board minutes. Approved unanimously.
3. NY Single Payer Health Care- Bill McCoy stated in detail the reasons to support the proposed NY Single Health Care legislation. An extensive discussion followed. D.Rice further reported on this issue and with respect to general health care and health insurance issues. J.Noronha's recent letter to the editor on this subject was noted and appreciated.
4. Refreshments were provided by some members of the board for all present general discussion took place.
5. Annual Meeting Committee- Elaine Spaull, Executive Director of the Center for Youth, will be the speaker at the 2014 Annual Meeting.