THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
Minutes of the Annual Celebration and meeting
June 12, 2016
Held at the Nazareth College Shults Center
1. Attending: Members and board members attending constituted a quorum.
2. Welcome- by Becky Elwell, President.
3. Reflection- by Heide Parreño.
4. Program- Panel discussion: “Welcoming The Stranger In Our Midst:” A panel Addressing Our Broken Immigration System; panelists, Carly Fox, Lisa Hoyt, Rev. Chava Redonnet. (In addition, a farm worker appeared as part of the panel.)
5. Annual Report - by Becky Elwell, President was distributed. (to be sent as a separate e-mail and will be posted on the TIAR web site, www.tiar.org
6. Treasurer’s Report- by D.Bird, Treasurer; distributed.
7. Nominating Committee Report and Election of Officers and Board Members- by Martha Howden, distributed in writing, on behalf of the nominating committee, the slate of Board Members and Officers . She then read, on behalf of the nominating committee, the slate of Board Members and officers. She moved; G.Wethers seconded the acceptance of the nominating committee’s report and the election of the board members and officers as reported. As the
result of the recommendation of Dr. Jay Mruthyunjaya by the nominating committee after their report was distributed, M.Howden moved the nomination of Dr. Jay Mruthyunjaya as a nomination from the floor. J.Noronha seconded. There were no other nominations from the floor The motions were approved unanimously. (See also Nominating Committee report )
The next Board meeting will be held at a date and place to be announced by separate e-mail notice. The next Executive Committee Meeting will be held on Tuesday July 5, 2016 at 8:00 AM (one-half hour earlier than usual) at the Golden Fox Restaurant at Culver Rd. and Parsells Avenue across the street from Covenant United Methodist Church.