THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
May 19, 2016
Held at Covenant United Methodist Church
Board Meeting Minutes
Attending: D. Barnes, D.Bird, A.Cason, B.Elwell, G.L’Esperance , R.Herman, M.Howden, E.Johnson, M.Morich, J.Noronha, H.Parreño, W.Spilly, G.Strothers, B.Swan and G.Wethers,
1. Opening Reflection- By M.Morich.
2. Minutes: Motion by A.Cason; seconded by H.Parreño to approve the minutes of the 4/21/16 Board meeting. Approved unanimously.
3. Speaker- Speaker had to cancel.
4. Treasurer’s Report- D.Bird reported. $3,145 current treasury balance.
5. GRCC/Faith in Action Dinner Honoree- Motion by W.Spilly; seconded by M.Morich to endorse the decision of the Executive Committee to designate Peter Peters as the TIAR honoree at the dinner. Approved unanimously.
6. GRCC/Faith in Action Dinner Book Ad- Motion by M.Morich; seconded by D.Barnes to endorse the decision of the Executive Committee to take an ad for $125 in the dinner book. Approved unanimously.
7. Nominating Committee- M.Howden reported. At present the nominating committee has two individuals to propose: J.M.Jay and Tabassam Javed.
8. Annual Meeting Committee- G.Wethers reported. Because notices of the nominees for the board will have gone out later than desired, it was agreed by consensus that the nominations will be made by the nominating committee and as nominations from the floor at the annual meeting, June 12, 2016.
9. Retreat- B.Ellwell has appointed the following as members of the Retreat Planning Committee: P.Peters, B.Elwell, R.Herman and G.Wethers.
10. RocActs- B.Elwell reported. For info., Jon Greenbaum is the organizer, W.Wilkinson, B.Elwell, and G.L’Esperance (on criminal justice task force) are active participants.
11. (Gun Control) An event will take place 6/2/16 under the auspices of UCLM. Details are planned to be sent via email.