THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
April 19, 2018 Board Meeting
Attending: D.Bird, B.Elwell, R.Codding, C.Garman, R.Herman, N.Jaschik, E.Lemon,Jr., H.Parreño, P.Peters, G.Strother, M.Sutton, B.Swan, and G.Wethers. Guests: Alice Carli and Cy Varland.
1. Opening Reflection- By R.Herman.
2. Minutes: Motion by B.Elwell; seconded by R.Codding to approve the minutes of the March15, 2018 Board meeting. Approved unanimously.
3. Membership- As of 4/10/18 61 members (55 paid and 6 honorary.)
4. Annual Meeting Committee- H.Parreño reported. The dinner following the annual meeting will be at the Raj Mahal on Jefferson Rd., Henrietta. $20.per person with the presenter and panelists as guests. Please advise B.Elwell if you plan to attend ( email@example.com ). E.Lemmon, Jr. will replace B.Green on the responding panel.
5. Nominating Committee- H.Parreño reported. There will be one new board member: Pastor Burnice Green.
6. REACH- P.Peters reported. Motion by H.Parren1o contribute $300 to REACH; seconded by B.Elwell. Approved unanimously.
7. June 21, 2018 Board Meeting- Environment (R.Codding) and Police Community Summit will be addressed.
8. September 2018 Board meeting. P.Peters will provide an update on REACH.
9. Campaign for NY Health (single payer)- Alice Carli presented on this issue follows by a question period. More information can be obtained at NYH.org.