THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
March 21, 2019 Board Meeting
Attending: D.Bird, R.Codding, R.Davis, B.Elwell, R.Herman, M.Howden, N.Jaschik, M.Morich, W.Spilly, G.Strother, B.Swan, and G.Wethers,
Guest Speaker: Sr Phyllis Tierney
1. Opening Reflection- by R.Davis for G.Lawton who was ill.
2. February 21, 2019 Board Minutes- Motion to approve by R.Herman; seconded by G.Wethers; Approved unanimously.
3. Police Accountability- R.Davis reported. Now in the hands of City Council.
4. Environmental- R.Codding reported. The website of Interfaith Impact of NY State (IINYS) was recommended. It will be disseminated to the TIAR Board. IINYS includes lobbying in Albany as a progressive organization for and against appropriate legislation including climate change issues.
5. Greenlight legislation support- R.Davis reported. Still actively supporting. She was in Albany for that purpose.
6. Letter to the Islamic Center of Rochester- Motion by R.Codding; seconded by W.Spilly for the TIAR send an appropriate letter of condolence and support to the Islamic Center of Rochester concerning the New Zealand attack on Muslims.
7. Guest Speaker- Sr. Phyllis Tierney spoke about her experience as a volunteer for two weeks at Annunciation House, El Paso, Texas working with asylum seekers and about the asylum process. (Annunciation House web site: https://annunciationhouse.org )
8. Adjournment- The meeting was adjourned at 5:43.