THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
Board Meeting of December 17, 2015
Attending: R.Herman, M.Morich, D.Bird, A.Cason, B.Swan, N.Jaschik, J.Noronha, B.Elwell, M.Howden, E.Johnson, P.Peters, C.Garman, H.Parreño, G.Wethers, D.Barnes, P.Goodman, G.Strothers and G.L’Esperance ; Guest- John Jay Mruthyunjaya
1. Opening Reflection- By M.Howden.
2. Minutes: Motion by G.Strothers; seconded by M.Morich to approve the minutes of the September 17, October 15 and November 19, 2015 minutes; approved unanimously.
3. Covenant United Methodist Church- Motion by G.Wethers; seconded by M.Morich to donate $300 to the capital campaign of Covenant United Methodist Church which hosts our board meetings without charge. Approved unanimously.
4. Bright Horizons Fund of the Community Foundation; Gift from- TIAR was awarded $250 for social justice work. President Elwell appointed D.Bird, P.Goodman and herself as a committee to discuss and report back with a recommendation for the expenditure of that amount for social justice purposes.
5. RocActs- B.Elwell distributed a written report.
6. REACH- H.Parreño and P.Peters reported: REACH still raising funds for the homeless shelter. Donations can be made online through REACH or via mail through Canandaigua National Bank.
7. Anti-gun violence program- N.Jaschik reported Film 1/19/16 at Little and possible program in early April 2016.
8. Support of Muslim Community- B.Elwell sent a letter written by E.Johnson to the editor to the D&C.
9. Other Reports:
A.Burial Committee- G.L’Esperance St. Michaels is building caskets at a far lower cost.
B.Childrens Agenda- EJohnson reported.
C.Economic Justice- J.Noronha reported
D.Environment- M.Morich- working with RCause & Rochester People’s Climate Coalition.
E.Immigration- H.Parreño reported
F.Membership- M.Morich reported. Letters sent out. Currently 122 plus 6 honoree, 5 institutional; total 133 members.
G.Nominating- M.Howden reported.
H.Peace and non violence- H.Parreño reported.
I.Annual Meeting- G.Wethers reported. Scheduled for 6/12/16 at 3PM at the Shults Center at Nazareth. We should be considering other dates and places for future meeting and any necessary bylaws amendment to permit this.