THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
September 17, 2015
Held at Covenant United Methodist Church
Attending: R.Herman, M.Morich, D.Bird, A.Cason, B.Swan, N.Jaschik,
J.Noronha, B.Elwell, M.Howden, E.Johnson, P.Peters,P.Goodman, C.Garman,
V.Fifield, H.Parreño, W.Wilkinson, G.Wethers and G.L’Esperance ; Guest- Brigit
Hurley- Policy Analyst for the Children’s Agenda
1. Meet and Greet- for the first board meeting of 2015-2016.
2. Opening Reflection- By G.Wethers.
3. Minutes- Motion by H.Parreño; seconded by G.Wethers to approve the May 21, 2015 Meeting minutes. Approved unanimously; Motion by A.Cason; seconded by G.L’Esperance to approve the minutes of the June 14, 2015 Annual Meeting as corrected to reflect that C.Garman reported for Nominating Committee Committee Chair, M.Howden. Approved unanimously.
4. Speaker- Brigit Hurley presented information about the Children’s Agenda including about the Children’s Interfaith Weekend, 10/17 & 18/15.
4. Children’s Agenda- Motion by E.Johnson; seconded by M.Morich to
support and sign on the the Children’s Sabbath for 2015 as we did in 2014. Approved unanimously.
5. Treasurers Report- D.Bird, Treasurer, made an oral report. The treasury balance as ofSeptember 17, 2015 is $4,253.39.
6. Committee Chairs- Voters Registration-H.Parreño and G.L’Esperance; Immigration and Peace and NonViolence- H.Parreño and M.Wienk; Healthcare-J.Noronha; Economic Justice-J.Noronha and P.Goodman; Environment and Membership-M.Morich; Fair Election Practices-N.Jaschik and R.Herman; Local & State Government Activities andCampaign Finance Reform-N.Jaschik; Political Communications-P.Peters.
7. Themes for 2015-2016 from B.Elwell- Childcare; Climate Change;
Economic Class and Race Relations.
8. Mailing Address- Reminders: The TIAR mailing address is PO Box 25245, Rochester, NY 14625. The new (current) TIAR web site is www.tiar.org .The next Executive Committee meeting will be Tuesday October 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM at the Golden Fox Restaurant, located on Culver Road across the street from Covenant United Methodist Church.The Board Meeting will be October 15, 2015 at 4:00 PM at the Covenant
United Methodist Church (Culver at Parsells). the end of these minutes)