THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
Board Meeting Minutes
November 16, 2017
Attending: D.Bird, R.Codding, R.Davis, B.Elwell, C.Garman, R.Herman, M.Howden, N.Jaschik, E.Johnson, E.Lemon, M.Morich, H.Parreño, M.Sutton, B.Swan and G.Wethers. Guest: Grania Marcus
1. Opening Reflection- By C.Garman.
2. Minutes: Motion by B.Swan; seconded by R.Codding to approve the minutes of the October 11, 2017 Board meeting. Approved unanimously.
3. Treasurer report- D.Bird reported that the current treasury balance was $2,884.48.
4. The following items were reported on: The Nominating Committee Chair for 2017-2018 will be H.Parreño; The Annual meeting chair for the 2018 annual meeting will be H.Parreño.
5. Green Light NY: Driving Together (Green Light)- Grania Marcus representing the Rochester area advocates present the background, activities and goals for this program.
6. Green Light - Motion by R.Herman; seconded by H.Parreño for TIAR to endorse the Green Light program. Approved unanimously.
7. Gun Control Vigil- Motion by N.Jaschik; seconded by H.Parreño for TIAR to co-sponsor the Gun Control Vigil on12/14/17 at 7 PM at Martin Luther Park. Approved unanimously.
8. Membership Report- M.Morich reported. 96 renewals; removed 5 from roster; 7 new members (incl. in 96); roster now 115.
The next Board Meeting will be Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 4:00 PM at the Covenant United Methodist Church (Culver at Parsells).