THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
June 15, 2017
Held at Covenant United Methodist Church
Attending: D. Bird, A. Cason, R. Codding, R. Davis, B. Elwell, C. Garman, R. Herman, E. Johnson, M. Morich, J. Noronha, H. Parreño, P. Peters, M. Sutton, B. Swan, and G. Wethers, ; Guest- Jon Greenbaum (ROC ACTS)
1. Opening Reflection- By B. Elwell.
2. Introduction of Board members- G. Wethers
3. Minutes: Motion by A. Cason; seconded by H. Parreño to approve the minutes of the 4/20/17 Board meeting. Approved unanimously. Motion by B. Elwell; seconded by P. Peters to approve the minutes of the 5/21/17 Annual Meeting. Approved unanimously.
4. Treasurer’s Report- D. Bird reported. $2,322.48 is current treasury balance.
5. RCRGV- P. Peters reported
6. Membership- M. Morich reported. 120 on roster; 70 paid, 7 honorary. A second mailing has just gone out.
7. Endorsement of actions taken by Executive Committee- Motion by A. Cason; seconded by E. Johnson to endorse renewal of TIAR’s membership in ROC ACTS for an additional 1 year at cost of $300. Approved unanimously.; Motion by P.Peters; seconded by J. Noronha to continue our participation with the League of Women Voters in the Fair Election Practices Committee (FEPC). Approved unanimously.
8. GRCC recognition of Martha Howden- H. Parreño reported
9. Gun Violence- At the request of E. Johnson, M. Sutton spoke about her work and experiences in connection with gun violence.
10. Eastern Service Workers request for funds- By consensus we agreed that since we are not a funding organization we would leave it to individuals to choose whether or not to contribute.
11. Speaker- Jon Greenbaum of ROC ACTS re “Sacred Conversations” about race and ethnicity which will resume next fall.
12. September Board Reflection- A. Cason volunteered to present the reflection at the September Board meeting.