THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
April 24, 2014
Board Meeting Minutes
Attending: G.Strother, D.White, R.Herman, M.Wienk, M.Morich, E.Lemon,
G.L'Esperance, D.Rice, M.Howden, A.Cason, D.Bird, B.Elwell, C.Garman,
H.Ibrahim, B.Swan, G.Mott, J.Noronha and Peggy Meeker; Guests: Clenetia Anderson, Bruce Pollock
1. Opening Reflection- By D.Rice.
2. Minutes- Motion by C.Garman; seconded by A.Cason to approve the March
20,2014 Board minutes. Approved unanimously.
3. Purge Names of nonpaying TIAR members from roster— Motion by
P.Meeker; seconded by D.Bird that the Membership Committee shall review the
membership list each summer with the discretion to remove the names of people
who haven’t renewed their membership, taking into account a 2-3-year
membership history, and to maintain a record of the names and addresses of
those no longer active for future mailings. Approved unanimously.
4. Ad for GRCC/Faith in Action dinner booklet- Motion by D.Bird; seconded
by C.Garman to purchase a 1/4th page ad for $100 and endorse this decision of
the Executive Committee. Approved unanimously.
5. Hydrofracking Update and motion- M.Morich provided an update. Motion
byM.Wienk; seconded byP.Meeker to authorize the text of a letter drafted by
M.Morich to be submitted in the name of TIAR to the New York State Energy
Planning Board regarding the Draft New York State Energy Plan. The comments
were submitted on the NYS Energy Planning Board web site.
6. “Friends of Educational Excellence” presentation- by guests Bruce
Pollock, Executive Director and Clenetia Anderson in relation to this program
which seeks and coordinates volunteers to work with students in Rochester City
School DistrictSchools. This opportunity for service will be disseminated to the
TIAR Board and membership lists.
7. Archive Update- by D.White. Currently the University of Rochester will be
holding our hard copy archive documents. Anyone who has copies of the
following documents can bring them to David at the May Board Meeting:
Previous Executive Committee agendas and minutes, newspaper clippings, and
documents related to committee work.
8. Nominating Committee Update- by M.Howden. Recommended for
nomination by the Committee: B.Elwell -President; E.Johnson,Vice-President;
D.Bird-Treasurer; R.Herman-Secretary; Peter Peters, George Payne and Patricia
Goodman, Board Membership.
9. Annual Meeting Update- by B.Elwell. Following the program at Nazareth dinner will be at St.John’s Meadows; 500PM pre-dinner (BYOB); 530PM dinner@$21. per person (new board members (and guests/partners ???) will be paid for by TIAR). B.Elwell will need all reservations by June 6,2014. Checks should be written to TIAR and should be sent to B.Elwell or brought to the May Board Meeting.