THE INTERFAITH ALLIANCE OF ROCHESTER
+People of Faith Working Together For Justice in Public Policy+
March 20, 2014
Board Meeting Minutes
Attending: G.Strother, D.White, R.Herman, M.Wienk, M.Morich, W.Spilly,
E.Lemon, G.L'Esperance, G.Wethers, N.Jaschik, D.Rice, M.Howden, D.Barnes,
A.Cason, and Peggy Meeker ; Member Guests- Rev. Peter Peters, Marc
Jacobs; Guest- Michael Kliman
1. Opening Reflection- By P.Meeker.
2. Minutes- Motion by A. Cason; seconded by D.Barnes to approve the
February 20,2014 Board minutes. Approved unanimously.
3. Public Campaign Financing in NY- Motion by W.Spilly; seconded by
D.Rice authorizing the President to send letters members of the Assembly, State
Senate and County legislators with copy to the Governor supporting this issue.
4. Ad for Metro-Justice Dinner Booklet- Motion by N.Jaschik; seconded by
G.Wethers to purchase a 1/4th page ad for $60. 14 in favor; 1 opposed. Approved
5. Faith in Action Dinner TIAR Honoree- Motion by M.Wienk; seconded by
R. Herman to designate M.Morich as our honoree. Approved unanimously.
6. Membership Committee Report- by P.Meeker. Included follow up to
appropriate letters to the editor authors.
7. Moral Monday Rochester Report- by M.Morich. G.L'Esperance delivered
8. Children's Agenda Lobby Effort to Albany- M.Morich reported. Six
participated including M.Morich and Elaine Johnson.
9. Casino Update- Motion by R.Herman; seconded by G.Wethers to oppose
any additional casino gambling sites in the Genesee and Finger Lakes regions
and authorized statements and letters to this effect. Approved Unanimously.
10. Global Citizenship Conference Report- G.L'Esperance reported
11. Health Committee Report- D.Rice reported. D.Rice was authorized to write
a letter for Board members to sign in support of the single payer in N.Y. State